Top Distinctive Features of Poly Bags Over Ordinary Plastic Bags
The primary distinction between poly and plastic bags is that plastic bags are fabricated from a skinny layer of polyethene film. In contrast, poly bags are manufactured from a thicker layer of polyethene film. Small plastic bags are also known as "shopping bags." Because of the difference in thickness, poly bags are less prone to break, which makes them a superior option for situations in which strength is a crucial factor.
Poly bags are also less prone to leak than plastic bags, making them a better choice for applications where leaking could be an issue. Another advantage of poly bags is that they are more durable than plastic bags.
Poly bags are much more durable than their plastic counterparts, but contrary to popular belief, they are less flexible. Plastic and poly bags, both of which are available, can be designed in various ways. However, because poly bags are produced from a more substantial material, the print on them always appears superior.
Poly bags can be used more than once before they need to be replaced, whereas plastic bags are less likely to be reused and more frequently end up as garbage. Poly bags are more environmentally friendly than plastic bags.
When should I use poly bags instead of plastic?
Poly bags are a fantastic alternative to the standard plastic bags that are typically used. Because they are available in a wide range of sizes and colours, they are suitable for many applications. Mr Bags has various poly bags, mainly grip seal bags and grey mailing bags. Grip seal bags are small poly resealable bags with a snap or clip seal; they are great for storing things such as vitamins, buttons or other small, easy-to-lose objects.
Grey mailers are an excellent, lightweight, cost-effective method to ship a parcel. Grey mailing bags are weatherproof, keeping your parcel property on even the most lengthy commutes. Check our full range of small resealable plastic bags and grey poly mailers.
When determining whether to use a poly bag or a plastic bag, the following are some of the factors to take into consideration:
- Take into account the dimensions and weight of the product you are packaging. Plastic bags are typically more appropriate for carrying items of a lighter weight, while poly bags can accommodate items of somewhat more significant importance.
- Are they trying to pack wet stuff but having no luck? Because poly bags are less prone to rip or tear when filled with fluids, they are an excellent choice for packaging things that are likely to become wet.
- Consider the state of the environment. Instead of using a plastic bag, consider using a poly bag if attempting to reduce your environmental impact.
- Should the item be packaged in a more sophisticated manner? A poly bag would be the most appropriate option in this particular scenario.
- If you frequent food shopping or want to carry some goods for which detection is not all that vital, then a plastic bag would be the better alternative.
What is the difference between standard plastic, PE, and nylon bags?
Polyethene is often regarded as the most suitable material for use in environments where food is everywhere globally. It does not have any flavour or odour, is non-toxic, and complies with hygienic regulations for food packing. In addition to its lightness and transparency, polyethene film possesses the characteristics of airtightness in general, resistance to acids and alkalis, resistance to moisture and oxygen, general airtightness, and excellent heat sealability.
Printing on plastic packaging makes extensive use of this material. Hence it is of the utmost importance. A distinction is made between high-density and low-density pe. High-density PE plastic bags are the kind of bags that are typically seen at grocery stores being used as "vest bags." Most handbags used regularly are constructed of low-density polyethene (PE), such as the purses used in retail clothing stores.
Both poly bags and plastic bags come with their own set of advantages as well as disadvantages. To ensure that your product is packaged safely and securely, you must understand when to use each type of bag.